PHARMACEUTICALS, COSMETICS & PERSONAL PRODUCTS
ATEX Compliant Anti-Static Flexible Hoses from PTFX
PTFX offer a wide range of FDA & USP Class VI approved Anti-Static flexible hoses which are produced using
Ultra smooth bore PTFE and Fluoropolymer hose liners which have been specifically designed for use in the
Pharmaceuticals, Personal Products and Cosmetics manufacturing and process industry sectors.
PTFX Anti-Static process hoses are produced from electrically conductive PTFE which conforms to EN 12115 standard
and can be safely used in Ex Zones 0 and 1 hazardous areas - because our outer rubber hose covers are also
electrically conductive conforming to DIN 26055-3 Type B standard.
PTFX Anti-Static process hoses are mostly used within the pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries for the transfer of
liquid medias and powders, but they can also be used for the transfer of chemicals and other hazardous solutions.
PTFX Anti-Static hoses are produced using smooth bore PTFE, UHM and FEP static dissipative materials
which all conform to FDA, USP Class VI and E.P 3.1.9. legislations and also meets and exceed the requirements
of the FDA regarding extractable's content for which hose certifcation is provided.
Earth Grounding of PTFX hoses is achieved by attaching our Safe-Lok hose end fittings to the embedded steel wires of the
hoses to offer electrical continuity along the full hose length and these are electrically tested and certified prior to dispatch.
PTFX also offer a range of smooth bore flexible hoses with anti-static chips which are embedded into the outer
cover of our flexible hoses to offer maximum static dissipation.
Features & Benefits
• EN 12115 compliance for both Ohm and Ohm T ( explosive zone hose designs ) .
• Meets and exceeds the requirements of FDA, USP Class VI & EP 3.1.9.
• Ultra clean process transfer hose assemblies for highest media and purity requirements,
• Constructed using ultra smooth bore DuPont Teflon® ( PTFE ) hose liners,
• Flexible, Homogeneous, Kink resistant, suitable for both pressure and vacuum applications.
• Conforms to FDA / USP Class VI.
• Conformance to: (EU) Nr. 10/2011, Nr. 1282/2011, Nr. 1183/2011, Nr. 202/2014 (EU), Nr. 1935/2004 and Nr. 2023/2006 Bed. Ggst V, 24.6.2013 LFGB.
• Sizes ranging from 13mm to 100 mm bore size, and in continuous lengths up to 60.0 mtrs.
• Can be supplied fitted complete with our Safe-Lok range of Hygienic and interlocking hose end fitting which includes All Tri-Clamp, IDF, SMS, ILC, RJT & DIN standard Sanitary and aseptic standards. Varivent Flanges,
Cherry Burrell 'I' Line sanitary fittings, All standard and metric flanges and threaded connections in U.K. European & U.S. standards and in a range of materials including stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium and Super Duplex.
• Sanitary end fittings can also supplied with a flared PTFE sealing face in both Virgin and anti-static materials - so that all wetted parts are fully PTFE lined.
•Temperature range up to + 150° C, vacuum rating to 0,8 bar, and working pressures up to 16.0 Bar.
•All PTFX hose assemblies are supplied fully pressure tested and are certified for use in ATEX approved and zone hazardous environments.